[=PR=] UT99 Server Update

108.61.235.142:7777 - Location: San Jose
renegade
[=PR=] Leader/HL2:DM Admin/UT Admin/Site Admin
Loading…

[=PR=] UT99 Server Update

Post by renegade » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Over the last few weeks I have been toying with some server/mutation settings as well as play testing some new maps in an effort to change up the [=PR=] UT99 server a bit. I decided to uninstall the RocketCTFBoost mutator and replace it with Instagib as I feel it will end up being more fun. Along with this I also decided to take away the capture limit and just set a 12 minute map time.
In addition to the game play changes there is also a new scoreboard option for the server, SmartDM/CTF, which gives you a lot more info than the default. (press F3 while on the server to toggle alternate scoreboard).

The final change I felt the need to make was to update the map rotation for the instagib gameplay. I decided to go mainly with small maps for fast paced/high fragging games. I am sure I will add some more maps but as it stands right now I am fairly happy with the rotation.

Note: These maps are all FastDL on the [=PR=] Server but if you would like to download them separate from the server you can find most of them at http://ut99maps.gamezoo.org/ and any of the 512k maps you can download in this ut99.org thread https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5953 .

New Map Rotation:

CTF-1on1-UrbanJoust

CTF-AllYourW00t

CTF-1on1-Egypt

CTF-(UTW)Winter_Joust

CTF-512K-In_A_Cave

CTF-DDayW00t

CTF-1on100-Joust-2010

CTF-SpamFest

CTF-512K-CostaDelw00t

CTF-Split

CTF-512k-Ratcherv2

CTF-1on1-Joust-99

I will post in this thread with any further updates that I decide to implement.

-Big thanks to Pileyrei and the others over @ www.unrealsurvivors.com for the help troubleshooting some of my issues.
[=PR=]renegade

ImageImage